AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fuel filter question....updated with pic
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

durallymax
Posted 4/23/2013 19:34 (#3058020 - in reply to #3057299)
Subject: Re: Fuel filter question

Wi

MidMOfarmer - 4/23/2013 11:55 Pic should be up now. For the rest of the story, this tractor had injectors leaking and put water in the fuel system, including the tank. Would you assume we have algae in the tractor tank? How do you go about taking care of that? I would assume it wouldnt grow in any of the lines because none should have any air in them? We dont have any known fuel supply issues and the last 18 -24 months we have gotten bio diesel and used a schaeffers product to treat it for algae. Also, this filter only has 139 hrs on it. The tractor has a slight miss or just runs rough when running it at higher rpms. No matter if under heavy load or not but it only does it while moving. Never noticed it while sitting still at high rpm. Doesnt seem low on power just doesnt sound like it should. Edit to add: injector problems when it put water in was about 18 months and 300 or so hours ago

Do you intentionally get bio or are you required to? I'm happy to stay away from it, avoids issues.  Yes its a potent solvent and will clean all of the deposits in your tanks. Lower blends are worse. Its like peeling the bandaid off slow versus just ripping it off. Running B50 or higher to get everything cleansed and changing filters frequently works for some people. I just choose to avoid it for more reasons than that.

Sounds like you may already have a biocide treatment?

If there is coolant in your fuel tank now, I would drain it. Fuel is not cheap but fuel system parts are not either. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)