AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Would you put this much fertilize on????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Tnfarmer
Posted 3/24/2013 16:22 (#2987989 - in reply to #2987938)
Subject: RE: Would you put this much fertilize on????

tennessee
I agree with you, it does need some lime. Problem is with the "lease", there isn't one. The guy that oversee's this farm for the owner's evidently gets the proceeds from the farm as payment for overseeing it. He never would tell me exactly what he wants for farming it. He said he would like to have some of the corn cause he's gonna feed out a few hogs and he wants me to leave bout 1/2 acre standing for the deer. He says we'll see how good it does then we'll settle up on rent. I know the guy and don't think he's gonna try to screw me on the rent but I would just like to know how much it's gonna be. I tried to pay him a base rent with a 1% gain for every bushel over 100, he didn't want to do that. I know it's screwed up but you bout have to take any land you can get around here cause there's not that much to get. Alot of these "leases" are done around here without any paperwork, it's all verbal. I don't have a single signed lease for any farm I have, so technically, I'm year to year on all of them. Makes it hard to know what amount of fert. or lime to put on. This guy is honest and a good guy, when I told him I would pay him cash right now for the rent he said "well you might not make anything and that wouldn't be right" Not many people like that around anymore. Most don't care if I make anything or not. So, I guess we'll see how it goes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)