AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

topdressing wheat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 3/10/2013 00:02 (#2954243 - in reply to #2954224)
Subject: Re: topdressing wheat

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I put down some ammonium nitrate with a dry spreader and UAN with streaming nozzels today. did side by sides in 3 fields that I know usually have consistent yields. we are getting a good rain tonight. I'll be sure to to let everyone know if there was a visual or yield difference. Everyone always talks about unevenness of a spinner/spreader. and wind causing problems But I have an older truck mounted dry spreader and it throws close to 120 feet total and works perfect on 60ft patterns and the wind doesn't seem to affect it, but the reason I use UAN unless there is a major cost difference is because I have a lot of smaller field and I would have to turn the spreader way down for the field edges, I won't say it did a bad job but its hard to go from running slow spinner on the field edges and then gradually work up to a full pattern within a couple swaths, and change the rate to make up for the decreased swath width, It takes some thinking, and skill, its much easyier to just pull in, unfold booms and go and know that your getting right to the edge of the field without throwing any in the ditch.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)