AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lack of corn diversity and GMO pushed on the farmer.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

haymaker
Posted 3/8/2013 08:16 (#2950460 - in reply to #2950017)
Subject: RE: Lack of corn diversity and GMO pushed on the farmer.

NE Colorado
Pioneer may have a few more non GMO varieties in your maturity but they do not market them in your area. If you get on their website and type in zip codes for different areas of the country you might see a few other varieties. But they may not be so well adapted for your area. I am getting a Pioneer non GMO variety that they no longer market in my area but I do know it to do well because they used to market it here and I've grown it,

I too am frustrated with the sparse choices in non GMO corn. Seed companies tell me they have few or no non GMO varieties because "that's what farmers demand" but I do not believe it. If it weren't for the fact that seed companies discount their GMO traits in areas where there is little need for them, they would have a lot more farmers insisting on non GMO. I even had a seed company offer to waive the tech fee for me on RR corn if I agreed not to spray it with Roundup. I refused to do that because I did not want to sign their take-it-or-leave-it one sided tech agreement.

So much for GMO making "more choices" available like the GMO promoters told everyone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)