AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing Bank-- and feel bad about it
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 2/1/2013 07:28 (#2865759 - in reply to #2865102)
Subject: RE: Changing Bank-- and feel bad about it

Western Iowa
I didn't mean to sound like I am picking on you. You have a lot of information missing in this discussion, and likely I wouldn't post all my financial information on here at all, so I don't blame you for that.

Again though, net worth is one number the bank looks at. There are quite a few ratio's the bank look at to determine credit worthiness. I can't even list them here, but there are like 8 different ones they look at.

Now the bank might be on your side, but some of those numbers might be in questionable territory. Then come the bank examiners that have really stepped up there game the last few years and make it difficult for the bank.

Could be the bank is adding a stress test to you for a 'what if' kind of deal. Examiners push that as well.

It could be you are fine and someone in the bank doesn't want to do business with you because of whatever reason, even just a gut feel. I had a friend a few years ago get pushed out of a bank just because one guy didn't like him. It happens.

Nothing wrong with switching banks, just make sure you move to a good one. Switching banks every 7-8 years is no big deal. Being at 3 banks at 3 years might make things harder in the future.

Good luck
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)