AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farmland Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Bob Blue
Posted 12/12/2012 14:10 (#2747858 - in reply to #2747659)
Subject: Re: Farmland Question

Totally agree with the 3 posters comments, Been there, have had it in my life and seen it happen in the community. 1. have no idea of how many heirs, (the more, the worse it is) 2. does Dad and Mom have the attitude that each heir should be treated equally? 3. Have you been a working part of this operation and have helped to make it what it is, have you put sweat labor, money management, and how much of of you life in it? Do your parents want this farm to stay in the family and if so, how many owners on the deed. You might a well ask them, "What is going to happen to this farm". If you could buy it at a very, very, reasonable price from them, and the other heirs get the money, They will scream, "you stole it and we got cheated, you can sell it and retire". I was told that 20 years ago, still working on the farm at the age of 76.

Several miles up the road, a farm owner died and left the farm to his 2 sons. Both owned some other ground and both wanted dad's farm. Brother A, told Brother B, "you put a price on it and I will say it is yours and you can write me a check for my half, or I will buy it and write you a check for your half" . Brother B put the price on it, Brother A bought it. Brother B wouldn't speak to his brother for years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)