AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sold a bull today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

NEIndiana
Posted 9/26/2012 17:11 (#2610111 - in reply to #2609885)
Subject: Re: Sold a bull today

Columbia City, Indiana
Poverty acres - 9/26/2012 12:45

I have seen the plush digs your cows get on your place. It can be upwards of a mile to water here. Can't be babied if they are going to cut it and it's hard finding bulls that aren't these days.

So why would you even make this kind of a comment? It's not like Jim posted an ad in your local paper trying to sell him as a breeder to you or someone out that way. If you've seen Jim's pictures, you might've noticed that most of his land is very hilly and would thus be quite difficult to put into row crops... so he is raising beef cattle on it. Better than letting it grow up in brush.

There are many different ways to raise cattle and thus be a part of feeding the world, I intensely dislike it when someone disparages another for the way they do things because it's different from the way it's done "here." As a producer of "all natural, raised on grass finished on grain Angus cross beef" I bite my tongue every time I'm in the grocery store and see people lined up 3 deep at the meat counter to buy grocery store beef, but I don't say anything because that is a much larger part of the industry than guys like Jim and me. And as long as they're buying beef, they're supporting OUR industry, and that's A-okay with me.

Rant over.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)