AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just for fun career question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

frytownfarmer
Posted 9/20/2012 23:33 (#2601716 - in reply to #2599873)
Subject: RE: Just for fun career question

Frytown, Iowa

i think it would be pretty neat to be a head coach of a college football team... maybe iowa, wisconsin, ohio state but never iowa state, minnesota, any of the M****gan teams or any team from the SEC or Big 12 for what its worth...

oh yeah.... maybe id coach oregon... i guess, if it was a starter position before moving on to the big ten.

other than that i would be doing exactly what i am doing... though i would like to change the farm a bit... 2 square miles all in one chunk side by side (one field) with perfectly flat 10 ft. deep rich soils... with no houses in the 2 square miles... only hog buildings, that i can spring apply manure with a drag hose right there for each 80 ac...

and it would be pattern tiled... 1280 ac. owned free and clear. 1200 ac. tillable... 220 bu./ac corn and 70 bu./ac beans  aww heck id just do coc...

then over 2 miles i would have another square mile of drainage ditches/timber draws/ponds/small lake and my house and gigantic heated machine shop... with some cattle on that square mile... and a bunch of 180 inch bucks in that section... the 2 other square miles of flat ground would have no deer pressure...

that would be my dream farm/occupation... and it would have to be in iowa... southern iowa... near frytown so that i could still keep my agtalk handle... 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)