AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tundra vs Ram Diesel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

WillB
Posted 7/7/2012 21:08 (#2472321 - in reply to #2472233)
Subject: Re: Tundra vs Ram Diesel

Ontario Canada
illinidirtfarmer - 7/7/2012 20:17

There is no way in God's green earth I would put a 14,000 lb gooseneck behind a 1/2 ton pickup, no matter who built the truck. If you check, that's probably getting close to the tow rating for most 3/4 ton trucks. I bet if you check that 10,000 lb tow rating on the Tundra it is probably with no more than 1,000 lb of hitch weight with a load equalizing hitch or somewhere in that neighborhood. I have to agree that stopping power is way more crucial than pulling power. There are places you can cut corners, being safe usually isn't one of them. Scares me to death when I see folks pulling their 36 foot camper behind a 1/2 ton pickup with aftermarket air bags pumped to 100 psi so it will stay level, but hey, I only pull it a few times a year, I don't want to spend the money to buy the truck that will do the job right.

Thank you!! I am pondering my next truck, can easily justify a 2500HD, but not sure on the Duramax. I posted on a few forums, and it literally scared the hell out of me that they seem to share the same attitude. If you only do it a few times a year, get a 1500. No thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)