AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

white 4wheel drive tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

mmaddox
Posted 7/2/2012 22:21 (#2463210 - in reply to #2462687)
Subject: Re: white 4wheel drive tractor

Eliminate the service, parts, and money, as you asked only about the particular tractors. Much the same on the color, while I would not disagree with you on the JD, it really doesn't make any difference. You stated that you had no interest in a specific brand. My next question would be the intended uses/needs. What horsepower are you needing. If you want to do row crop work, need a PTO and/or three point, you would be hard pressed to look at Versitiles or Steigers (and the other colors they built). This pretty much leaves A-C, White, or Case. Parts and the common issues with the Cases would make them a less realistic choice to me. That leaves the White and A-C. Both are similar in design, two wheel drive tractor rear ends, engines, cabs, and hydraulics. Both tend to very simple and easy to work on, especially by today's standards. As with any piece of equipment, past and current care are going to be a big factor. If one would provide the electrical and hydraulic capacities that you might require, and meet your other needs, they should provide reasonable affordable horsepower. Creature comforts might need some attention, lighting updated, batteries/alternator/air conditioning gone over, but those are all things that are color-blind. It's your money and time in the seat, your choice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)