AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CaseIH 8940 Overheating Update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Marko59
Posted 4/8/2012 22:43 (#2327433)
Subject: CaseIH 8940 Overheating Update

Thanks for everyone's help. Here is how far I have gotten. Please check previous post (CaseIH 8940 Overheating) for full description of problem. I bought a laser temp gauge from Harbor Freight as one person said I should do. I used the tractor until the temp gauge was on the 11 segment or 230 degrees. I shot the laser temp at different places. The laser said, sending unit-221 degrees, thermostat-222 degrees, front top of tank-215 degrees, bottom hose-176 degrees, and fan clutch-210 degrees. I am thinking the flow through the radiator is not what it should be because the bottom hose temp is low. I am thinking that I am going to find a place that can flow test the radiator that is in the tractor now and test it with the one that I am exchanging it with. Or find a place that has specs for the radiator that goes in the tractor and compare it with the exchange radiator. I do not want to take the radiator out again! What does anyone else think? Is it possible to charge for the parts that I put in that they told me to that weren't needed? Water pump, thermostats, and fan clutch. Again, thanks for everyone's help. Have a good day.

Edited by Marko59 4/9/2012 00:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)