AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knight 8040 Slinger spreader problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

lynn
Posted 3/31/2012 21:44 (#2315195 - in reply to #2312413)
Subject: RE: Knight 8040 Slinger spreader problems

NE IA
Mine was the lower auger and it ran fine. Just had hauled alot of manure over winter and thought it time to check in the front chain case to check on things and found the main chain looking a little lose. One of those days when your glad you saw it, but wish you hadn't. If you think they slide back and forth jump in side with a crowbar and see if you can move them by prying between spreader end and auger flighting. You should have your answer quickly. Either back and forth or up and down. As someone stated, are the augers bent, these spreaders are getting old and Ive seen ones that haul alot of sand actually get thin next to the flighting and the tube breaks. Mine is an 8030 and probably 30 years old, I think the manure seal finally ran enough manure through my bearing that it gave out which also put extra pressure on the rear bearing causing damage to it. The newer models no longer use a roller bearing but a plastic bushing. The upper auger is mostly held from moving at the rear by the snap ring in front of the sprocket ,as most of the torque causes it to want to move foward while pushing manure rearward. I think the pry bar will find your problem. Hope this helps . Lynn
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)