AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fielders choice seed corn?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jd 9760
Posted 9/12/2011 21:07 (#1959388 - in reply to #1957804)
Subject: Re: fielders choice seed corn?

NW Ohio
wow that is such BS I've planted fielders choice for over 15 years some years 100% but most years I had other companies mixed in. Anything from Dekalb, pioneer, Agrigold, Becks and a few others and the fielders alays held up. Every company has good corn hybrids and bad hybrids. I've never had a germ or emergance problem with FC corn. And for those of you who think FC is older or out dated corn your wrong. 1st run genetics that will compete with any other corn out there. Oh by the way every company rebags last years left over seed and sells it to you the next year so you may be getting old seed and don't even know it. I have also planted $97 a bag corn the last two years from a local seed company and it yielded within 10 bushel of the top three corns in my test plot which were Agrigold 6533, FC 6781, and pioneer 35K04 in that order and all within 4 bushel of each other. Just for you pioneer guys the other two pioneer hybrids in that plot finished 12th and 15th. And no I don't remember which hybrids they were. FC has served us well and will continue to be the majority of our acres.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)