AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Go to court vs Don't go to court????
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jon Hagen
Posted 8/30/2011 00:17 (#1937188 - in reply to #1937133)
Subject: RE: Seat belts vs Brakes

Hagen Brothers farms,Goodrich ND
Kooiker - 8/30/2011 22:52

So you agree with Obamacare requiring everyone to buy health insurance?

IMO, seat belt laws are more about collecting money for the state than saving lives or possible medical expenses paid by the taxpayers.

If it was about saving lives and medical expenses motorcycles and atv/utv's would be banned from public roads.  But they need to collect the registration fees from those so they will continue to allow them.

You haven't answered my question about whether the seat belt would keep me alive and in the nursing home vs dead and off of your responsibility to pay for.

Statistics show that the odds of your going through a wreck without serious injury are are much better if you belt up.

If you had been through a few racing 80 to 0 collisions where you go through that speed change in just a few feet like I have. That 3 pound helmet feels like it is about to tear your head off, If your wearing slip on engineer boots, the G force will blow them right off your feet. If your gripping the wheel hard, you bend the wheel. If your hard on the brake pedal, you will bend or break that pedal.
I have walked away from a number of those with no injuries because the seat belt setup did not allow me to crash into the inside of the car like an apple hitting a wall , or get injured or killed by being thrown out of the car. Believe me, it is a real attitude adjuster.

I agree with the cop in the original post, running the shoulder belt under the arm puts all that force on your rib cage, for a better chance of fatal internal injuries.

Edited by Jon Hagen 8/30/2011 00:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)