AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More 2011 Soybean Crop Tour in Ohio (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 8/19/2011 08:37 (#1919483 - in reply to #1919445)
Subject: RE: Corn pics, the 1st. and last planted

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

quote  RW.

(   Higher Killing Degree Units in July lower corn yield... Excess stress and transpiration; higher soybean yield... Less disease. Even the field crop analyst's with grain merchandisers don't rely on pod counts... Doesn't mean much to correlate to yield )

Yes,  when one gets into these fields. the seed and planting date have determined Polination for sure.

this is the 1st field planted in Morrow co. Ohio and one of the last planted in June.

these Pictures wer taken the same day I took the pictures of the S.B. s in Crawford County.

(  In NO way Am I saying that these will be the BEST yields in the county.  ever.

I think one may be a Channel Number.

But this is what this area looks Like overall.

and even much better to the North around Shelby Ohio.

It is just that these Pictures are from Farms totaling about 15,000 acres that 

Use NO row or in furrow Products. 

No insecticide Nor fungicide treatment used so far ( Other than Plot work )  research Ongoing. but nothing ever showing. past 20 years.

the feasibility  of wide spread applications being Profitable to the individual farmer and HIS bottom Line.

No Foliar applications made.

and NO side dress application to any of the corn fields. 

No Liquid of any nature used on any of the farms fields, ever

100 % all dry broadcast applications as needed by soil and tissue. analysis with past yield data.

(  forever changing to be more efficient. Always critiquing the Farming method. )   with an open and analytical mind 

100% of all these acres are Farmed as a (  Conventional Farming Methods  )  for Farmer Profit oriented.

Prepare.  Plant. control the weeds and Harvest. 

as simple as that

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)