AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do you look for in a seed company?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mcupps
Posted 7/26/2011 23:58 (#1881588 - in reply to #1881298)
Subject: Re: What do you look for in a seed company?

Downtown Shell Knob MO Come Visit!
I hate to know that some "marketing expert" that makes corney non-informational full page adds for the farm magazines is making money off of my seed purchase. Just tell me what I need to know and don't try to doctor it up like its a candy bar commercial.

The main problem I have with the large three is, the number one rule of buisness is "listen and respond to your customers" and they tend to do the opposite. I have been in more than one meeting where guys were saying. "Tell the customer this is what he wants and needs" NO, thats the wrong way to do things. Its the customers job to tell the seed company what he wants and needs. Also. Ive heard of many explain to me that its more important for company structure to keep stock holders happy instead of customers. Thats fine and dandy. But usually large amounts of happy customers keeps stockholders happy, and zero customers tends to start making the stockholders flee.

On the small company side. Don't bash the competitor and explain to me all the reasons they are losing market share. And don't try to make me think that your product is a miracle cure and is by far the best. I know thats not ture. Just explain to me how your product is competitve on every level.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)