AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD sensor problems for new planter and 1910 air cart setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 4/23/2011 07:42 (#1740038 - in reply to #1739329)
Subject: Re: JD sensor problems for new planter and 1910 air cart setup

Thanks so much for the help Matt. That's exactly what I wanted to do but we were worried that the cart controller would somehow sense resistance from the pot and the planter controller and the planter controller would somehow sense resistance from the pot and the cart controller and it would mess things up. Your experience indicates otherwise.

Fortunately, our dealer is pretty good about supporting carts behind planters. We have at least four other 24 and 16 row planters that are pulling 350 bu 1910 carts serviced by our Deere dealer currently. They just think we need to use a different height switch for some reason. I'm going to go do what you did this morning. The cart only uses two of the wires that the planter uses correct? Do you know what the third wire is for on the planter side of things?

Your hitch looks very nice. Ours isn't as professional looking and is designed totally differently, but I think I like yours better. It seems like you will have more clearance between your row units and your hitch. I've got pictures but I'm feeling a little pushed for time so I probably won't post them for a while. Thanks again so much for the timely comment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)