AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hired help question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

MarlandS
Posted 4/13/2011 19:07 (#1722847 - in reply to #1722230)
Subject: RE: Why not answer his question instead of

Ellsworth IL
giving your opinion whether or not he should hire ?

Jolinggrains , I probably won't be much help but it'll be more than you've gotten so far .

Realize Ag might be somewhat different than another commercial entity . But, I just checked with my insurance agent last week about putting on help , and workman's comp, which you'll probably need to carry will be somewhere around 12% of his wage . Add in your half of his F.I.C.A. etc , I don't *think* you'll need unemployment ins, but again I could be dead wrong, it might be a "how you classify them" thing IE; full or part time etc. Bottom line your costs will be somewhere around 2 times what his salary is , pay him $15 / hour , your out of pocket will be $30 ish an hour .

Best bet ,instead of asking on an internet forum where no one has a vested interest in your success or failure, ask your CPA and your insurance agent .

Wages wise, I'd go with atleast $2 / hour more than what semi-skilled labor in your closest town is getting or whatever you can hammer out with your chosen employee . And , if this were someone off the street instead of a known person I'd hold those two bucks back for 60 days until they prove themself somewhat and that will give them something to look forward to .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)