AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recovery from major medical procedure--What is your preference?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GinNB
Posted 4/9/2011 18:13 (#1716388 - in reply to #1716335)
Subject: RE: Recovery from major medical procedure--What is your preference?

Having visitors while I'm sick is like having my friends or parents tell embarassing stories about me to my wife or, in the past, to my girlfriends.  While it's a part of life, it's not something I enjoy.  Nice to know that everybody is interested in me, but is best kept short and sweet.  My daughter's had many surgeries.  When she's recovering in hospital we appreciate quick visits and cards, etc, but we're in the hospital to look after her, not entertain.  Sometimes you're going through something really private and painful and really don't appreciate visitors, especially for extended periods.  When someone close is having surgery, I make sure they know I care, but unless its life or death I know they don't want me watching them throwing up after the anesthetic or whatever, so I'll visit for a short while after I know they're feeling like having visitors.  Even if the person who is sick likes tons of company after they're feeling a bit better, the person in the next bed might be feeling like death warmed over and would appreciate a quiet room to nap in after all of the constant medical disturbances.  IMHO, one key to making the best of a hospital stay is having a quiet room- noisy roommates and their visitors can be a severe pain.  Visits at home are another kettle of fish if the person is feeling better.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)