AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

controlling rawson drives with an Insight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/22/2011 06:07 (#1628500 - in reply to #1628056)
Subject: Re: controlling rawson drives with an Insight?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Multi-product is needed for split planter (two or more varieties) whether fertilizer or another product is involved.

The bottom line is "If you want to be presented with more than one product box after you select your field and configuration" then you must have Multi-product unlocked. Two different varieties of seed are considered two products.

So a single variety, a single spray product, a single granular product etc. would not require a Multi-product unlock but if you want more than one product you need multi-product unlock.

A few years ago I was asked to create a wiring harness that intercepted the Rawson wiring to make section control utilizing the motors. This was not for a local customer and went through a third party. I believe it was successful but I have no first hand knowledge of the results. I don't know if the practice was successful or has continued.

Projects such as this are often considered successful if the customer has come up with the idea. If a technician or company comes up with the idea it must be more bulletproof!

The basic layout utilized the Ag Leader Clutch Control module and some relays. Normally the clutch control module would activate the air valve box for a Tru-Count air system or now SureStops/Surevacs.

With my wiring harness, the Clutch Control Module activated relays which were tee'd into the Rawson control box. When the system decided to shut a section off, a relay was activated which broke the connection in the Rawson wiring for the section involved.

The Rawson behaved as if the operator had shut off the appropriate section themselves. The operator could still manually shut off the section or leave the Rawson section switch ON and let the clutch module do the job. If the operator wanted to be in complete control as in the past then Autoswath was unchecked on the Insight RUN screen.

Although this may have worked, I can't really recommend it due to complications I may not have forseen.

Concerning Liquid starter: We set these up with a Liquid module pretty much the same as a spray situation. We usually utilize a hyd centrifugal pump along with a Raven RFM 15 flowmeter, Raven butterfly control valve and Section shutoffs.

Edited by tedbear 2/22/2011 06:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)