AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rental Home
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

95h
Posted 12/15/2010 09:28 (#1487043 - in reply to #1486316)
Subject: RE: Treat it like a business because it is !

Kittitas Co. Wa. State

Hard fact to accept is renting a house is a business just like any other business.  Would you rent equipment that way ??   How about Land??  It is NOT "special" cause somebody sleeps in it, it is still a business.

I require a release from any prospective renter to ask specific questions from their bank.

1. how long have they been a customer?
2. Do they maintain at least a 3 digit account balance?
3. How many checks have they bounced in the last 18 months?

As Stated 1st and last month's rent, and a damage deposit goes with out saying.

In this state, there are some specific rules, like damage deposit which has to be put into an escrow account and the rentee has to be told where that account is located. No they are not elligable for the acrueed interest but they are entitled to their deposit back if they are not pigs.

Some things like heat and water have to be addressed in certain time frames from when you are made aware of a mechanical failure.

All in all it is pretty dang simple.   I will NOT rent a tent without a written contract let alone a house. 

I've been renting a nice home to a gal for 4 years now, She has never been late or short once on her payments.  No you CANNOT have her name or location!  :-)   She keeps the home as clean as the day I rented the home to her. She is NOT a slob.  You can eat off the floor in the bathroom behind the toilet IT IS THAT CLEAN!  She is a little difficult sometimes as she want's every problem fixed right NOW, and doesn't understand what seems so simple-cheap to her, really isn't, but that's because she hasn't experienced how expensive contractors really are, and how contractors will dink around for weeks to complete a 1 day job. (she's just young,, not a crime)  She mows the lawn keeps the premises looking as nice as any on the block. (I provide a lawnmower and haul out the grass clippings-etc)

She maintains my assets,, and I keep the mechanical's operating properly.

It is a business deal she abides by her part of the contract as I do.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)