AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for John Burns or any Outback users:
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/26/2007 01:40 (#142603 - in reply to #142587)
Subject: no foot switch for the edrive - only for 360

Pittsburg, Kansas

I had to think about this for a while. Trevor did rig up the foot switch to use to disengage the edrive in our Eagle sprayer. I think he used the stop-start (run-hold) switch that a 360 uses. The trick is you have to press it twice. The reason is it takes two "pulses" for the edrive to disengage - that is why there is more than one magnet on the steering column switch - if there was only one it would take two turns of the steering wheel.

As for the edrive re-engaging quickly there has been software revisions to address auto engage issues more than once so make sure you are using the latest version in both the edrive and the S or S2. I cant remember for sure now but i think after software updates he went to using the steering column magnets in the sprayer and did away with the foot switch. I think he used the foot switch when auto engage was not working well at the higher speeds of the sprayer. We have always used the magnets in the tractors from when they became available. Sorry for the "I think" this is what he did because he ran the sprayer and now no longer works for me.

I am unaware of any foot switch specifically made to disengage the edrive from Outback - I think people are just using a dimmer switch or the run-hold switch from a Outback 360. It would be nice if Outback came out with a foot switch that would send the proper two "make-break" pulses with a single press of the switch. If I am wrong someone please correct me but I see no foot switch listed on the Outback web site for the edrive - only for the 360.

John

Edited by John Burns 4/26/2007 02:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)