AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS and reference files for Integra
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/1/2010 08:15 (#1416858 - in reply to #1416032)
Subject: RE: SMS and reference files for Integra

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
richard - 10/31/2010 18:13

I am trying to create reference files for Integra from imported generic shape files. I have no problems in turning the shape files into a planting map layer and associate it with a crop type however I think I am missing a crucial attribute required by SMS to regonise it as planting data because it will not export as a .ref file. Any tips?

I'm not exactly following your problem. Is the generic data actually planted varieties that you wish to use as a background map at harvest time?

If not, I believe you may be out of luck as I think the only type of data that can be temporarily brought in which was created by another device would need to be planted varieties, This data can be manipulated in SMS.

This manipulated data can be loaded as a temporary background map back into the Integra for reference at harvest time only. This variety map does not become a permanent part of that Integra as it would be had the Integra logged the data originally.

Upon rereading your post, I get the impression that the reference files you are trying to create are not of planted varieties. If this is in fact the situation I have not heard of a way to accomplish your goal.

If the data is actually planted varieties as logged by another device such as a 20/20 etc. then the process can work. The mistake I made when trying to do that was that I edited the Management tree to indicate the Crop Type by using the Edit feature. This was incorrect. I don't have SMS in front of me but you need to use a drop down menu to accomplish this. When I just edited the item in the Management tree, the Integra would not pick up the file properly. Possibly you are making this same mistake. Later when I used the proper procedure I was successful.

Edited by tedbear 11/1/2010 08:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)