AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting Article on Smartstax performance
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

isuagstud
Posted 9/25/2010 21:58 (#1374191 - in reply to #1373853)
Subject: RE: Tell me why

Colo, IA
pilgrim - 9/25/2010 16:45

That would be generic not Monsanto glyphosate at $2.50 per acre.  At $43.35 net and a 36,000 pop. the tech fee is $19.70/ A.  Generic Dual 2 Magnum cost is $6.40/A, Callisto/Atz is $8.25/A and both of these products have residual----glyphosate fields this fall are extremely weedy again this year. As far as crop safety,  glyphosate has a lot of issues if you have read any of my previous posts. 

How much is your program if you add in a residual and other herbicides for your hard to kill weeds not to mention all the weeds that have gone to seed ?

Actually, I have no weeds in my corn, it is my beans I have issues with. I have never had any issues with crop safety and roundup in corn either. I have had problems with many conventional programs and crop safety and weed escapes. Never with Roundup corn. My only reason for trying some non-GMO corn again is to rotate chemistries.

So the bottom line is you could possibly have $5 cheaper for conventional if your generic prices are correct. That is one bushel difference and comes down to personal choice if you see the value or not. Some will, some won't.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)