AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed signs and field appearance?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 7/25/2010 02:05 (#1287088 - in reply to #1286445)
Subject: RE: Seed signs and field appearance?

It's not just one farm and I have multiple lanes and fence rows to mow at many different places and yes it adds up to a few acres. Is it bothering you ? does it affect you ? or your bottom line ? Some folks never seem to hesitate giving advice on how I should operate "here".

What's your suggestion for reaching a remote field ? drive through standing corn maybe to reach the beans or wheat that might be in the back field ? maybe I can drive on my neighbors field or over their corn to reach my field in the back that I only have access to at one corner that is reached by this lane. Other people own on the other 3 3/4 sides  of that field. All I know is in a soft and muddy fall those grass lanes sure do support loads better than bare ground. We are also not blessed with very deep frosts every year to help alleviate such problems. Run a deep ripper here and you will have nicely torn old tiles & mains to deal with too. Mowed fence rows between me and neighbors fields makes for a nice buffer strip between them and different crops as well.

Some times there is satisfaction in a job well done even when it does not meet the criteria of other folks. The only person I have to satisfy is me. 

Sorry if I sound a bit perturbed it's been a long day and the all knowing tone about what I should be doing "here" tends to torque me off.  You will notice I have a disclaimer making sure that nobody should follow my ill advised ways.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)