AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RE: DDS post below and RtK in palouse hills
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DDS
Posted 6/30/2010 09:37 (#1255654 - in reply to #1254888)
Subject: Re: RE: DDS post below and RtK in palouse hills

In my earlier post somebody who sounded like they knew their stuff on the subject was saying the 450 signal would bend over the hills to some degree, to get at least some correction. Maybe it wouldn't be sub-inch, but it'd definitely be better than WAAS i would think. The only thing I don't like about OMNI* is having to pay for it on each unit each year. We have one FM-1000 with autopilot, one EZ guide 500 with EZ steer, and one EZ guide 500 with just lightbar and T2 ground compensation, and $2000 a year (or at least close to it) on each or at least 2 of these units would eventually be way more costly than one base station, especially if the cost of the base station was split between multiple growers. We are too far away from steptoe butte and even kamiak, but I think about half of our ground would be able to be covered from Bald Butte (near Johnson, half way between Pullman and Colton), and these areas have at least some visual of Bald Butte. That of course depends on if the signal would bend. We run articulated tractors, the FM 1000 is on a JD 9630, the 500 w/EZ steer is on a JD 8650, and the EZ guide 500 (w/autoboom) is on our pickup sprayer (has potential to be most accurate as booms are fixed to the vehicle. Doubt that there's any potential for AutoPilot though).
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)