AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Western Canada Farmers...weather ???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

mennoboy
Posted 6/7/2010 22:34 (#1228275 - in reply to #1227814)
Subject: RE: Western Canada Farmers...weather ???

Rivers, MB
I can't speak for Ab or SK but I've seen a good % of the province (MB) in the last 10 days. Haven't seen or heard of place in MB that isn't excessively wet. I think there is some serious crop damage occuring. Many wheat fields are turning yellow wherever its too wet. I think the earlier seeded fields are handling it better than the just emerged/trying to emerge crops. I'm a little surprised that markets are not reacting however as mentioned above, canola took a jump today, apparantly because traders are realizing that canola acres are not going to be 17 million like they predicted. It seems that crops usually turn out better than what people think when its dumping rain on you. Remeber the posts on here the last 2 springs on here about the wet corn belt. According to those reports, corn should have been $10/bu.

Not trying to minimize anyone's experience. We are sitting in the middle of a swamp as well. It does seem that often, the crop turns out better than we think. I realize that crop not seeded does not get any better though! Often it seems, the areas that are usually too dry are just right and have bumper crops when other areas that are usually just right have too much water. Maybe southern SK and west central SK and east central AB will have some awesome crops. Who knows.

Friend of mine said the door wouldn't open on his rogator because the mud was jamming it!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)