AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Polaris Moving Wisconsin Plant to Mexico
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Fla Veggie Farmer
Posted 5/21/2010 11:49 (#1208554 - in reply to #1208415)
Subject: RE: Solutions to two problems.......................

Southeast Florida
I've been all over Mexico employment related. Where the manufacturing facilities are located is either a border town that US resident’s crossover the border to work in plant a stone’s throw from the TX line or in high income location like Monterrey, Nuevo León, México. Mexico City might be the Capitol of Mexico but I'll promise you the money is in Monterrey. There are a lot of Spaniard, French and German decedents. A lot of the people are blond headed with blue and green eyes, not your average field worker. There’s also some of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen in Monterrey; nothing like a 5’9” blonde with green eyes and several other tag alongs climbing into a Mercedes Benz 5.5 AMG SUV with valet parking. A lot of the Germans speak German and several other languages are taught in the private schools. Usually 4 languages are taught; Spanish, German, Chinese and English. The cost of living in Monterrey isn't cheap either and actually higher than most Midwestern states in the US. The other neat feature I saw there was Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Porsche car dealerships. These type dealerships don’t exist where they can’t sell autos and they’re not giving them away.
Monterrey is where mother Deere has their Mexico facility also. GM and several others are on the US border and employee US citizens living in TX border towns in most management positions.
I’m not praising Mexico manufacturing by no means but it’s not what I expected to see either. I’ve employed many “Mexicans” over the years and the thought of any of them being able to put something together that requires any thought process just doesn’t compute to me.

I have no idea where or anything about Polaris other than we had a lot of problems with the 6X6 and plastic parts. Parts were a nightmare to get and way over priced. The selling dealer quit because of the rape job for shipping. We had to go to Little Rock for any simple thing.

Edited by Fla Veggie Farmer 5/21/2010 13:03
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)