AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Early spraying of Pre emerge herbicide???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

ClassicJD
Posted 5/12/2010 17:27 (#1196388 - in reply to #1195829)
Subject: Re: Early spraying of Pre emerge herbicide???

SC MN
I had the same thoughts as you last summer. It was awkward for me to get my pre-emerge custom sprayed on a timely basis, because I am usually planting over a four or five day period. Some would get sprayed on time and some would get it a little late. It was also irratating to see even the best drivers occasionally run on a row or squeeze a row, and I would have to look at that runt row all season. So this spring, I had it sprayed with Tremor (off-patent Surpass) and 32% after my first digger pass (I 2-pass ahead of planting). Some was incorporated right away, some a few days later after a rain, and some several days after another rain. Then more rain. When it dried out, I began planting without any additional tillage. It worked great. I set my row cleaners to just scratch the lumps and corn roots away. Units ran smooth and planting accuracey was the best I've ever had. Now, 3 weeks after planting and over a month since herbicide application, weed control is still excellent, with only a few sick looking lambsquarters and pigweed trying to poke through. No streaks, and even where the row cleaners ran rather aggressively, I did not experience any weeds as a result of breaking the herbicide barrier. In fact the cleaners may have just added a little additional incorporation. I'll be going through with glyphosate before long, if it ever warms up and the corn decides to grow. Long story short, I really like the way this worked for me. I'll be doing the same thing next year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)