AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tramlines with Planter clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/20/2010 09:15 (#1127745 - in reply to #1126669)
Subject: RE: Tramlines with Planter clutches

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
One might need to get a bit trickey with the wiring but I would think that it should be possible to use both devices together.

I am most familiar with the Ag Leader system where the switchbox and Auxiliary Input Module are used to convey the operators choice of sections to the system. Since the switchbox can be unplugged from the module, it is possible to manipulate the wiring without doing any cutting. I have on various occasions made remotes and other switching arrangements to work with the AIM.

With the early Clutch Control Modules there was no implement switch so a tee was placed in between the switchbox and the AIM which lead to the implement switch. This in effect behaved like the operator shut off the Master every time the planter was raised.

In envision doing something like that where the proper boom sections (tramline rows) were routed through relays. These relays would be controlled by the Tramrite box.

In other words most of the time, the Seed Command system would behave as usual but on every third pass, the Tramrite device would break the connection and shutoff those rows. On the next pass, the Tramrite device would again allow planting but the Seed Command system can still make it's own decisions.

Edited by tedbear 3/20/2010 09:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)