AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tramlines with Planter clutches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/19/2010 07:37 (#1126576 - in reply to #1126199)
Subject: RE: Tramlines with Planter clutches

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Interesting -I would think that could certainly work. The problem as I see it is that you would need to remember to turn that section ON/OFF to create these lines every third pass.

I believe I would forget or get confused and not always do this properly. I am not aware of a way to program EZ-Boom or Seed Command either to do this on their own without operator intervention.

Looking at the above website (I'm not familiar with the product), it appears that a Tru-Count clutch is installed on the tramline rows only? I could see how that could work and the Tramrite box might count the passes and disengage the tramline rows evry third pass. I suppose this system could determine which pass it is on by counting the number times the implement switch was tripped.

Does this system allow for point row shutoffs on its own or is its only purpose to shutoff the tramline rows?

On a somewhat related note - A couple of years ago, a customer was planting RoundUp Ready II seed for Monsanto. Monsanto wanted a gap between the RR II seed and the regular seed so that they didn't get contamination. The operator was able to just shut off the required number of sections using Seed Command to prevent planting to achieve this gap as they planted. This is one of the few scenarios where the section switches actually get used rather than just letting the system shut off sections on its own.

This allowed them to keep the rows straight and spaced nicely for later spraying. This worked fine but was an unusal situation. Monsanto paid them for the loss of crop on the non-planted rows.

Edited by tedbear 3/19/2010 07:49
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)