AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on fire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

YoungGun
Posted 1/27/2010 21:18 (#1044811 - in reply to #1044668)
Subject: Re: Corn on fire

I may just be a dumb college kid here, but i want to run some numbers for the people (person) that thinks its not FC Coop's fault that they put 25% corn into a pile and let it go bad.

An earlier post says that there are 9 of these million bushel piles in this general condition at different FC branches. 9,000,000 bushels of rotten corn at todays cash price of $3.30/bu comes to $29,700,000 worth of grain. Basically a $29.7 million screw up and they will try to blend it out. Now Im no expert on the cost of grain dryers but i know that even a big dryer wouldnt even cost a tenth of what their F*** up is going to cost. Not to mention the amount of revenue that would be brought in from charging farmers to dry the corn. (FC's drying charge is 4.25 cents per point.)

FC's website claims that they move 95,000,000 bushels of corn in 40 locations. Shouldnt they be more worried about making sure they have the facilities to handle that grain rather than just worrying about how many smaller co-ops they can run out of business? I know i wont ever be taking any grain there especially if the people that are managing the facilities apparently have no idea what they are supposed to be doing with my grain.

One last thing that i noticed while surfing their sight, I notice that they have numerous grain positions that need filled including grain superintendent in Latimer. Any takers? Didnt think so and they wont be getting my application when i graduate in May either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)