AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on fire
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

agiowa
Posted 1/27/2010 09:19 (#1043817 - in reply to #1043729)
Subject: Re: Corn on fire

I believe every coop in Iowa put wet corn on the ground to get all OUR wet corn unloaded to service us. In my area every coop that had a pile went bad, some worse than others. It's better them than us. What did you want them to do with OUR wet corn? Close the elevators till it dried in the field? Then you'd be complaining about that too? I commend them for their efforts on even taking in the wet junk to begin with and the long hard hours of dumping and drying this wet harvest, I stand and applaud them and you should too. The guys at the elevator start their harvest of unloading and drying when the first customer starts and they don't get to finish until the last guy is done, unlike us, we start and stop when we wish. My local elevator is still working late nights and weekends drying this wet corn from piles and hauling it to either the ethanol plant or a rail location. What are we doing today, tonight, or this weekend? I'm going on vacation! Thanks to those who make it happen! How come it's always someone elses fault???
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)