AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How loyal are you to an input supplier or elevator?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 1/21/2010 15:49 (#1034222 - in reply to #1034179)
Subject: RE: Not...........

North Central Illinois
I really don't know Mark. In a local setting there really isn't much excuse for it. Inthe case of dry and liquid fertilizer I would have to assume that the higher priced company did a piss poor job of purchasing their inventory and the other company did a good job. Its doubtful they put the whole 30% in their pocket. With chemicals everyone should be pretty close but that is not always the case either. The fly in the ointment with chemicals is the huge rebates that the chemical companies kick back to the retailers. They don't send these rebates out until long after the products have been applied and paid for. Whats worse is they keep the retailers in the dark as to how much the rebates will be. I think most retailers set prices based off of the previous years rebates. There is often a lot of variation from year to year with these rebates. So, I suppose it is possible that some retailers could be playing games with pricing base off of how much they think the rebate may or may not be. I assumed in Curt's case that he was talking about dealing with wholesalers but maybe not. I probably didn't answer your question but this is what I know about the subject.

On a completely different topic.... About six years ago I posted that I was having trouble with the bolts in the stub PTO shaft of my JD 4010 working loose. You suggested that I drill and tap them out to 7/16" and use locktite on them. I did this and they have never even loosened a little bit. I run that PTO at some pretty bad angles too. Anyway thanks for the tip.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)