AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Injecting water softener into garden hose while filling?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 5/18/2021 11:49 (#9011725)
Subject: Injecting water softener into garden hose while filling?

Mid-Missouri
Water from deep well was tested at 650 ppm. Sometimes use a softener product called Hydromend. Rep tested the water and adding one drop to water drastically lowered hardness. He encouraged the softener be added while filling water trailer instead of while filling sprayer, like I always have done with AMS, softeners, etc... Water trailer at most holds 6400 gallon, but usually don't ever fill near that much at a time.

Is there a somewhat accurate way to inject this softener into garden hose while filling? We now have a tote of softener. It would take at most a pint per 100 gallon of water. I could add the softener into the top of each 4 water tanks but in an enclosed trailer it would be much more difficult to access and be accurate and sometimes we are running the water hose while filling sprayer. Furthermore, we dont have a way of agitation in these four water tanks, but I am not sure just how much stirring is needed to get a pint per 100 mixed. We do have an electric direct inject unit for our irrigation but it seems a bit elaborate and costly to use for this situation IMO.

Thanks

(Screenshot_20210518-114959_Drive (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20210518-114959_Drive (full).jpg (210KB - 90 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)