AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fiat-Allis dozer not moving UPDATE
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 3/8/2021 17:17 (#8880459)
Subject: Fiat-Allis dozer not moving UPDATE

KY
Some may remember late last fall me inquiring about my dozer not moving. Did some checks as I had time and all I could figure out then was that putting air pressure to the reservoir would get it to move but would lose trans pressure soon after. Then the snow flew and I let it sit. Took discharge line loose from the charge pump today and all it would do was spurt every few seconds. Put the air to it while it’s running and in short order it would pump a steady stream in just a couple seconds. After quite a bit of tinkering I finally got a good seal around my air gun and the fill tube with the machine off. Suction filter before the charge pump is leaking about 1/2 the way around the cover. Removed, cleaned, checked the housing surfaces clean, no change. Flipped the oring, still leaking. Tried everything from barely snugging to putting the oomph on it, still leaks. I can’t really feel that the o-ring is out of round, but if you can tell from the pictures here there’s a pretty good gap around the outside of the o ring and the outer surface of the cover. The inner ring of the cover fits against a recess in the housing and the outer ring of the cover sits flush against the face of the housing. I would think this o ring should extend a little past the outer face so that when it mates up in the recess it spreads out to seal that entire ring. Don’t know if you can tell from the side angle, but that oring sits flush with the recess. Can still see a little play even with the nut run down tight, can’t spin it but can make the gap move a little by pushing on it by hand, adds to my thinking that the o ring doesn’t have enough thickness/elasticity to it any longer. See if I can get an o ring to fit and try that. Will let you know when I get that done if it works or not. May be a few days.

Edited by ihmanky 3/8/2021 17:18

(CD9B92A5-DA46-486E-8C36-CD7CD076C81F (full).jpeg)

(4EF24002-400E-457A-AC3F-12865AAB8E4A (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CD9B92A5-DA46-486E-8C36-CD7CD076C81F (full).jpeg (147KB - 59 downloads)
Attachments 4EF24002-400E-457A-AC3F-12865AAB8E4A (full).jpeg (116KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)