AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Good, Band and Ugly trail south of Quartzite
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John Burns
Posted 2/23/2021 22:06 (#8854255)
Subject: Good, Band and Ugly trail south of Quartzite

Pittsburg, Kansas
Carolynn and I went solo on a trail south of Quartzite today. Midway into the trail it would have been good if we had read the name of the trail before we started down it rather than after. The good part is it is part of the Peace Trail and it is a beautiful valley. The bad and ugly part of it is there is about a mile of it that is 80% rock crawl of large bolders crossing back and forth across a ravine.

We must have banged the skid plates a dozen times. One time Carolynn actually got out of the vehicle and walked. She took a short video of me in one spot. It looks like it would be easy on the video, but we had on and off sections like that for about a mile. Took us probably most of an hour to do that mile.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d_o2iUKNnvY

But we made it through pretty much unscathed and went on to finish a really nice 50 mile ride. I would do it again, but probably not alone. We looped around on the second leg of a three leg trail that was much easier but had several very steep, long climbs.

We did not make it nearly as far south down the Peace Trail towards Red Cloud mine
as I wanted but ended up going to near the California border to a small town called Ehrenberg.

A pretty neat section of trail I would like to do again with a group.

What say AgTalk Arizona trail riders? How about a Friday ride? My first lead??? Good place to park trailers at 6 miles south of Quartzite called La Posa Tyson Wash. Thinking Friday at 10am.

I'm going out tomorrow to check out the third leg of the trail. Three different places to cross the mountains. We unknowingly picked the toughest one first.

Pictures of where to park.

Edited by John Burns 2/23/2021 22:15

(20210223_101622 (full).jpg)

(20210223_155706 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20210223_101622 (full).jpg (94KB - 44 downloads)
Attachments 20210223_155706 (full).jpg (103KB - 46 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)