AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Getting scale output into computer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 2/9/2021 08:03 (#8818370)
Subject: Getting scale output into computer?

39.48, -82.98

Okay, I don't know what they're called but I have seen the wire from a truck scale go to a small box, which then had a cable to a computer that would record the weight. I assume the box converts a voltage signal from the scale to something digital the computer can understand.

What is that box called? Is any special programming needed to calibrate it or condition the output voltage, etc., so that a nearby laptop/tablet could record it as truck weight?

We have an Avery scale (if that matters) but the scale head is very low-tech. It does record loads to a thumb drive, as backup, but otherwise just prints tickets. I have to enter everything into the spreadsheet manually. This isn't a commercial elevator, where dropping $15K to $20K is chump change, or going that route would be a no-brainer.

It would also be nice to have moisture entered directly. Our GAC500XT has been great -- and could still be pressed into service as a backup -- but I am trying to budget an upgrade this year. You guys and your winter Arduino projects make me think this is very doable, if you had the knowledge. And if you could show us your results it could help a lot of farmers who are probably wanting to do the same thing.

Thanks!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)