AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

slow computer, do you have an opinion?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Chris
Posted 2/2/2021 18:31 (#8802316)
Subject: slow computer, do you have an opinion?

East central Iowa

I have a friends computer that doesn't run Google Earth.  That's what he brought it to me to fix.

But it's slower than molasses in January running other things.  You can click on a program and it takes it's own sweet time to start.

I've run multiple antivirus programs and rid it of some common but not serious malware.  I've run a memory check program and nothing is wrong with the memory.  I've stopped a number of programs from running and deleted a few that were running in the background.

Nothing odd is showing up as running in the background.

It runs windows 7 home premium.  It has integrated graphics.  It only has 2 GB of memory.  I looked at Crucial and it appears it could hold 4 GB but Crucial didn't have any memory for it.  That's unusual.

I'm wondering if 2 GB is simply too little memory and being used to computers with 8 GB of memory and computers with dedicated video cards has spoiled me.  But I really am suspicious this is the problem, 2 GB just isn't enough.

I've upped XP computers to 1 GB and they improved tremendously.

I did load UBUNTU Linux on it and it too ran poorly.  On my other computers UBUNTU runs pretty much like any computer.

So, opinions?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)