AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you believe in curses?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mikado
Posted 1/31/2021 12:21 (#8796518)
Subject: Do you believe in curses?

SW WI
The thread below on unexplained events made me think of a story from my neighborhood growing up. Let me say, I’m a skeptic on so called curses......but.....very strange coincidence.

Late 70’s timeframe and I was in 4-H. Being summer we had our annual tour of county fair entries by our members. Drive from farm to farm looking at the livestock that was going to the fair. Ended at the 4-H leaders home where we had a potluck picnic. The story 1 of the adult members told made everyone a little uneasy even though the story teller brushed it off as no big deal. He farmed with his brother, who collaborated the story. Their farm was on a well traveled hwy, they were used to people stopping in if broke down in a vehicle. One day a long haired, robe and sandal wearing guy was walking down that hwy and stopped in. Told them he was Jesus.....yeah....that Jesus. Asked them for some water. They refused and told him to keep moving. He asked them a few times and the owner kept getting a little more mad at him each time. Finally the stranger had enough and said he would leave. Turned to them and said “I curse this farm”

Within a year 1 of the brothers got caught in a corn picker and lost both legs. I’m not bs ing this. The adults that are still living from that 4-H picnic can collaborate this story.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)