AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do you believe in curses?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ohiohorsewoman
Posted 1/31/2021 17:21 (#8797207 - in reply to #8796518)
Subject: RE: Do you believe in curses?

Yeah, well, I just don't see Jesus acting like that. We are, after all, talking about a being that said nothing against his accusers. That said, I do think angels work among us. The Bible teaches that.

Probably 10 years or so ago I was trying to pull a flatbed hay wagon under roof before it got rained on. There was a slight grade to the ground and I'd hooked the garden tractor to the wagon with a chain just to give it a little pull. It had about 40 bales of hay on it. My dad had used a chain to stabilize the load of hay when he hauled the wagon up the barn bridge. That chain had laid on the edge of that wagon for decades and we'd pulled that wagon many, many times through the fields and over ground hog holes. And yes, I said decades.

Anyhow, I gave that wagon just a little tug not realizing how it was gonna pick up speed. There I sat on the garden tractor as this wagon rolled toward me---with no way to stop it. I was strangely calm, realizing that I was gonna get hurt. All of a sudden, that chain that was attached to the wagon frame dropped over the edge and the wheel ran over it. It was like a brake. The wagon stopped dead in its tracks.

I know what I think. Nothing happens but what comes through the hands of God first.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)