AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Bad Pulling Accident From Below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Kingbaby
Posted 9/22/2020 09:09 (#8509260)
Subject: The Bad Pulling Accident From Below

Greencastle, Pa.
That accident was at the "Two Top " Ruritan Club Show on Sat. the 19th. The Club grounds are just South of Mercersburg,Pa My Son [Jim Jr.] with a crew runs that Pull. I know the sled owner and the sled operator [he has helped us fill silo in the past] during that pull. Both live just 2-3 miles from our farm. I have not [at this time] been given the full account of what and how it happened. In that video you can see Jim Jr. walk past the tractor just as the green light comes on. I was not there, would have gone but I ended up that eve with a bad case of acid reflux . I will get the "facts" and post them later. Jim Sr. AKA-"Kingbaby"

OK ,Now I can add to this post.----- Jim Jr. is not where I said he was, he is the one with the green & red flag just after the pull started. At that moment he knew that something was wrong but with the speed of the tractor he did not have time to flag him. If you look down the track you can see the other flag man run out and red-flag him and if you look at the smoke [from the tractor] you can see that the "pull switch" was used just before it hit the sand berm. Two or three [or more] things here. 1- The sled operator has ran that sled many times. 2- The weight box "jumped" out of gear.-3 No one knows why Matt never saw that, that is a BIG ????? And the pull switch was used way to late. 4- The tractor driver had NOT ran that tractor in over a year and he should have known "something" was "really" wrong !!!!! It was pulling WAY TO EASY. All of the Pull crew have and were Flag schooled, they have to be. To the tractor driver and the sled operator---- The tractor driver was only shaken-up ---WOW !!!!!!!! The sled operator's head hit the windshield and broke it but he was not hurt. No one needed medical help. That sled is OLD and my son say's it will not be there next year , they are going to need a newer up date to run there.

Edited by Kingbaby 9/23/2020 07:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)