AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

free advice and advice sought....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chickenqueen
Posted 8/29/2020 13:56 (#8464614)
Subject: free advice and advice sought....

Mid MO
Free advise: Don't run your phone through the grinder-mixer! Dad's cheap feed is not necessarily cheap for you! Dad has a grain truck full of corn chips and trying to be helpful I was going to scoop them off while he watched the mixer. When I slipped over the side of the truck, I saw what looked like a chunk of funk slide through the tail gate. THEN, I felt my back pocket..... ugh wrong! Dad can't really hear well at all, so no point of trying to yell and stop the pick up auger. Just scooped the feed and tried calling myself on his phone after we were finished. It did not magically, bounce into the grass like I hoped. New phone will be in Monday or Tuesday.

Advice sought: Anybody have a suggestion on what I can pack my phone in instead of my back pocket? Don't want to look like a lady who digs other ladies......... or a middle aged male farmer (sorry fellas). I don't need rhinestones or goofy stuff, just something practical. My girl friends are nice girls with normal jobs, they don't do stupid stuff like this.

Lastly, my phone bits won't hurt the fat calves will they? It went through the hammer mill. I thought maybe the battery would be potentially dangerous. It is scattered through at least 2 T of feed. I've got a pen of hogs; if the calves can't eat it. They're tough s.o.b.s....... right?!

Hope this gives you a chuckle :) I can tear up a crow bar in a sand pile!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)