AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NanoStation antenna setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

phishstik
Posted 8/13/2020 21:27 (#8433750)
Subject: NanoStation antenna setup

Eastern ON
Feel like a dummy but seems like every 5 years I need to setup one of these systems and always completely forget how to do it. I know theres tons of youtube howto videos but I'm stuck using certain IP addresses and not sure how to do this.

In this setup the barn provides the internet. One router shares it, and an 8 port switch for extra barn devices. This system is on a strict 192.168.168.X IP setup since we have a milking robot that uses some specific addresses on that range. Im stuck with that. So antenna "A" needs to hook into that barn system and shoot over to antenna "B" at the house.

The house just has a router and one PC and lots of wireless devices. I can use any IPs range at the house doesn't matter but would like to be able to connect to devices over at the barn. I'm trying to setup antenna A as an access point, and B to just connect to it, but Im clueless what IPs to actually give the antennas. Can they just be like 192.168.168.200 and 201? Will antenna B have to be setup for DHCP to provide for the house? Antenna A can just plug into any port on the switch but what about antenna B does it plug into the routers WAN or just the LAN port?

Antennas are active , I set A and an access point and I can lock B onto A, but not having any luck getting internet or even pinging the devices at the barn from the house yet.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)