AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NH 355 grinder mixer not mixing well at lower rpm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tiger6620
Posted 7/10/2020 22:46 (#8366386)
Subject: NH 355 grinder mixer not mixing well at lower rpm

Nw Iowa
I have a 355 NH mixer that is in excellent condition. The hammers are on the original edge and hardly worn. I purchased it used a few years ago and just use it to crack corn and mix protein pellets and ddg pellets for fat cattle. I like to keep the rpms under 1400 with all screens out to get a few whole kernels and some cracked for less powdering of the corn. The issue I’ve noticed is that if I add most of the pellets too early in the process I’m not getting a good mix as a majority of the pellets stay in the bottom 1/3 of the mixer while grinding. I don’t remember this being an issue years ago with an artsway 425A. While grinding I notice the feed don’t go down the windows near the bottom window like it will the middle or top window. I’ve been stopping the corn at about 3600 lbs and running the tractor pto speed for about 3 or 4 minutes then it seems to get the feed mixing better when I idle the tractor back to 1400. Is there any options to add to the bottom of the mixing auger to get things mixed better at lower rpms where I don’t have to stop in the middle to speed it up? I’ve checked inside the bottom of the mixing cone and doesn’t seem to be any old feed or restrictions. The mixer is always shedded and never gets rained on. Sorry for the long post but hoping maybe someone will have some input.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)