AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Bin Flu
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

golfnut
Posted 7/9/2020 22:17 (#8364417)
Subject: Grain Bin Flu

Central Nebraska

I'm not sure if I'm looking for advice or sympathy or simply telling people to be careful.  A week and a half ago I cleaned out a bin.  It was 90 degrees outside, humid and no wind.  I wore a mask, albiet a poor one, drank a lot of water and finished the job.  That night I woke up lots, had the sweats, and felt feverish.  Life goes on.  Move forward to Tuesday.  Almost done hauling corn.  One last bin to run the sweep around.  Got it going and loaded two trucks.  Wore my mask with two canisters on it all the time.  Wednesday morning more of the same.  Four more trucks. Contracts filled.  Done.  (Bin has some left that I'll use to prime the wet bin and dryer after some major repairs are done.). Wednesday afternoon I left to check some irrigation and felt really tired.  Two hours later I was back home on the couch with a 101 degree fever.  I went to bed last night feeling OK but still feverish.  Slept through a tremendous storm and didn't feel good until mid morning today.  I need to find a better mask!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)