AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If I were wealthy - my foundation would be
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Brian Smith
Posted 7/6/2020 11:48 (#8357213)
Subject: If I were wealthy - my foundation would be

I would love to create a foundation that would help underprivileged people start businesses. No matter the gender, age, or race. This foundation would make available loans and help them find grants to either buy established businesses or less attractive to start a business. There are plenty of small businesses that come up for sale every year. No they probably won't get rich, but they have to start somewhere.

The foundation would seek business volunteers to act as advisors. They would work together to create a simple business plan, define the financial $s needed, and a simple cash flow. The elaborate business plans some require are ridiculous. No one is going to read them and frustrates people into giving up.

These new business owners would be required to have scheduled meetings with their advisor that would start as frequent as once a week and probably reduce over time. Full disclosure of their books must be presented to their advisor as condition of the loan. Maybe even supply free book keeping access to them? Heck if they pay it off early maybe give them back all the interest expense incurred?

I don't care if it is mowing grass, painting houses, or making pot holders. I have no interest in being one of those investment angels trying to hit home runs. I like the little bunt and run businesses.

People like Dumbron James shoots his moronic mouth off about not helping inner city folks. Why isn't he using his wealth to help people get out of the "gutter"? Yeah he's donated some money to a few kids charities to make himself look good, but they are all just encouraging the status quo. Fix the problem don't keep putting on band-aids. Let's help people raise themselves up.

The only way people will gain respect for themselves is if they feel a sense of achievement. Not buy buying them another goof off day at the boys and girls club.

How ridiculous does this sound or what would your foundation be?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)