AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Offsets and field borders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Mr.D
Posted 5/17/2020 10:28 (#8262233)
Subject: Offsets and field borders

NC Iowa
Couple of questions here. Run AgLeader command 1200 with Terrastar subscription. Get along fine for the most part, however we run a JD 1770NT 16 row planter and I have to run an off set of nearly 3 inches on one side in the tractor/planter setup to make the guess rows between passes come out close to correct. I don't use markers when planting and I know the receiver on the tractor is centered. Cannot see any reason the planter should run of to one side year after year. This is in conventional tillage so there is no strain on the planter bar from draft to prevent pulling straight. When I come back to spray post with another tractor and a same AgLeader GPS unit, I have to shift my AB line every time I turn around again to match the offset. Any help how to improve this ? This also effects my combine if I use the GPS to follow the rows straight for harvest with a table of 35 ft.

Second question is setting up field boundaries. I have other neighbors that have had problems when they have boundaries setup with their GPS units. I am wanting to setup boundaries if possible. Can I use my planting tractor now and go around my field's and use my this years planting track to setup boundaries ? Some fields I have good AB lines that are straight that work fine. I have other field edges that have some changes or curves that I normally end up setting up adapted curve line.

Could use some help with both questions. Thanks, Mr.D
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)