AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Offsets and field borders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 5/17/2020 10:52 (#8262313 - in reply to #8262233)
Subject: RE: Offsets and field borders

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
I use a very similar setup. InCommand 1200 with 6500 GPS and TerraStar, 1770NT 24 row. I do not have this problem. I really don't have a harvest problem with an 8 row corn head and 30' soy platform since I match up well with these heads.

I suspect that for some reason your planter is not pulling straight behind the tractor. It seems that you may be using an offset in the planting tractor to compensate for this. When you come back with a different implement, the offset is not needed in that setup and if there is causing extra work.

Another approach might be to set all offsets in all machines to zero. On the planting tractor physically move the GPS purposely offset slightly until things work out. Draw a circle around the GPS base so that it can be reinstalled in the offset position for next years planting. I'm thinking about moving the GPS in the planting tractor to another tractor since I have paid the TerraStar subscription in that one and might as well use it with the spray tractor instead of its GPS which would be WAAS only. I plan on drawing a circle around the base so it can be remounted in exactly the same place for planting because it works very well where it is at.

As far as boundaries, yes you could go out with the planting tractor and redo them at this time. The offset business might tend to haunt you if you have an offset involved that only applies to the planter. In a couple of fields, I took our planting tractor out without any implement and centered it on the property line marker on one end of the field. I dropped the A point, I then drove to the other end and centered the tractor again and dropped the B point. A straight line was created between the two points. I then used auto steer to steer me back on this new line. My nephew followed and put in an occasional steel post with a piece of PVC pipe on it to mark the property line. I saved this AB line with a name indicting which property line it was. In following years I bring up that special AB line and either shift off of it or use the ReMark option to shift the AB line the correct direction and amount for my first pass.

Edited by tedbear 5/17/2020 10:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)