AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UV light sterilization device approval help/questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

otteb
Posted 4/4/2020 09:11 (#8163261)
Subject: UV light sterilization device approval help/questions

SC Kansas
I’m not sure exactly where to find out how to get a UV sterilization device we came up with approved for use during this pandemic. I’ll post a pic. Here’s a snap shot of the details. These are 254 nm ultra violet light tubes that are used in many applications to sterilize hot tubs, water and a variety of applications. The light technology is solid and has been used for decades. The bulbs are rated to destroy both viruses and bacteria. I have all the spec sheets on the bulbs and they are sold and approved for sterilization. I’m not claiming to have done anything but apply the lights with a different application. My hope is that anything put into our tube can be sterilized in a matter of 15-30 minutes easily. The issue is ...... I’m assuming many institutions will ask if the have been approved by? The fda? CDC? State department of health? I have talked with many health professionals and infectious disease folks and they all agree the system is valid.
How can a person get something like this looked at for approval? We don’t have access to bulbs anymore. They’ve all been bought up by other entities. We do have enough bulbs and ballast to build 6 or 8. I’d think several retirement homes or health facilities could use these for staff. From masks, to safety goggles or even cell phones. I fear the liability in this crazy world too.
I’m often amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this site. Thanks.

(EBF53DCC-DA54-4CA2-B632-EA3F698A11C3 (full).jpeg)

(B3D82B8C-C70F-4741-9192-0A296B37E75E (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments EBF53DCC-DA54-4CA2-B632-EA3F698A11C3 (full).jpeg (192KB - 19 downloads)
Attachments B3D82B8C-C70F-4741-9192-0A296B37E75E (full).png (95KB - 42 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)